Friday, October 05, 2012

Skin care discipline

Not that I've been slacking off or anything but loosing my regular facial therapist was traumatic. I've been unable to bring myself to put my face in another therapist's hands after two bad experiences where my face was treated bread dough that needed a good kneading before putting to bake. Not funny at all.

So I told myself to do self-maintenance at home. I've been fastidiously cleansing, toning, serum-ing, moisturising and spot treating my skin for the past 5 months. Unfortunately, haven't been very disciplined in masking once a month much less the recommended weekly regime. Oh well, you get what you put in. My skin hasn't been fantastic. The last bout of flu had be breaking out after a course of antibiotics. If I could use a word to describe my skin condition, it would be "ANGRY". I had the worst breakout I've every experienced in my life. There were several clusters of painful pimples and acne all over my cheeks, chin and upper lip. Trust me when I say it was truly painful.

Thankfully after 2.5 months, the painful swelling and redness reduced and my skin regain some form of normalcy. Granted there were still slight bumps and some scars (I couldn't resist not scratching and pressing!). Most importantly, I didn't look like I was in the throes of puberty. But I knew that my skin needed help cos I'm getting married in December!! Have you ever seen a "mo peng" (pock marked) bride? I don't want to have layers upon layers of make-up piled onto my skin just to achieve the smooth-skin look.

I need professional help. And I need it fast!

Then I saw a deal on a popular group discount website for an Assata Intensive Facial Package for RM68 (normal price of RM826). Decided to give professional facials another go. I bought my coupon and made the appointment.

Will blog about my experience in the next instalment.

For now, I need to keep to a disciplined regime to ensure bride-ready skin.

No comments: