Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pin-cushion curiosity...

My current pin cushion (a piece of sponge cut into a shirt shape) is starting to get a little worn around the middle. Poor thing! So I've been considering a replacement.

I've seen these cutesy pin cushions for sale in some haberdasheries (usually the neighbourhood / mom-and-pop types rather than the modern crafters-haven) and almost all Chinese bridal necessity shops sell them.

Photo borrowed from Carmen Maldonado of NostalgiaNest on Etsy
What piqued my interest was seeing the stacked ones that Sereni & Shentel have in their fabulous workshop!

Then I stumbled upon Gertie's blogpost about the tomato pin cushion and the accompanying comments made me LOL. Now I'm seriously considering a sawdust filled tomato with an emery strawberry attached!

Maybe I should DIY my own pumpkin pin cushion, instead since I'm in an DIY mood these days. You can learn how-to everything from the internet. It's UH-MAZING!!

I found this tutorial from Fiskars website. The best part is the difficulty rating which says "Beginner".

Designed by Patti Milazzo
Now, if only I had a sewing machine... (",)

No comments: