Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Telaga, Sabah


Just got back from a remarkable working holiday. Well, if truth be told, it was more holiday than work. Stayed in a logyard near this really tiny village called Telaga, situated about an hour's drive away from Kota Marudu where for the most part of the journey was offroad 4WD driving.

Don't get me started on the scenery. It's as if I have landed in jungle swamp paradise. The view of the water from my bedroom is only best described by graphic representation, afterall a picture paints a thousand words. Check out the pix (,")
Had seafood everyday and spent most the day loafing around the quarters on the logyard, trekking along jungle trails enclosed on both sides by lush green acacia treas or climbing up the chipmill conveyor (definitely beats vegetating in front of the idiot box).
The sultry nights will find me, leg tucked under, sitting on the verandah/pier studiously tapping away on my mobile phone at the one of two locations in the logyard that has mobile network signal, vulnerable to the attack of little jetplane fighters (damn mossies!) if not for the saving grace of mosquito coils.

I'm looking forward to my next trip there this June. There, serenity envelopes me with each passing day...Can you spell B.L.I.S.S? ~Jas (",) 24.04.2005~

No comments: