Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More on Bukit Tabur


3 days after my most excellent adventure on Bukit Tabur, my knees developed some 'colour'. Behold...



One of my clients found it apt to point out, "Bruises cause your market value to drop, my dear." Such encouragement!



Was chatting with HT on Tuesday and he says, I quote, "i look up to u for taking the challenge.. a fren of mine broke her arm there.. didn't wanna scare u .." Now he tells me!


Keen to know more about Bukit Tabur, I did what most people would do. I Google-d it.

Apparently, Bukit Tabur is a natural heritage site. It is the single largest quartz ridge in the world. Fu-yoh! I had no inkling that I was scrambling amongst greatness..
"If you climb up Bukit Tabur, which is part of these magnificent quartz ridges, the view is breathtaking on one side and heartbreaking on the other. It is heartbreaking to see the devastation, ugly scarring and flattening of the hillsides in the vicinity of the Klang Gates dam and around Taman Melawati, Kemensah Heights, Kampung Kemensah (once famous for its streams and waterfalls which have now turned muddy) and Taman Zooview."

~ Tree Hugger @ The Star Online (Monday, 20 October 2008)


There's even a site that has dedicated pages (with photos) of how to properly decend (there are 4 ways) my kryptonite boulder



For those who plans to conquer Tabur, do visit this link http://www.mycorezone.com/main.php?section=resource&page=resource_view&article_id=131

No comments: